Design today, pay later
Checking your eligibility won’t affect your credit score.
Here's how it works
Select Affirm at checkout
Then just enter a few pieces of information for a real-time decision. Checking your eligibility won’t affect your credit score.
Choose how to pay
Select the payment schedule you like best, then confirm your loan. You’ll never be charged more than you see up front.
Make easy payments
Just download the Affirm app or sign in at affirm.com to make payments. You’ll get email and text reminders whenever a payment’s coming up. With Affirm, there will never be late fees or surprises.
Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required.
Or, use Katapult
If Affirm isn’t able to offer you a payment plan, most customers will be given the option to check out today using our lease-to-own program from Katapult, an Affirm partner.
Q: What is Affirm?
A: Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit payment products. Affirm offers real-time
financing for purchases online. With Affirm, you can buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it in fixed
Q: Why buy with Affirm?
A: Here is what Affirm offers:
- Buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it over time. This allows you to split up the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget. If Affirm approves you for a loan, Affirm discloses your loan terms before you make your purchase. You’ll know exactly how much you’ll owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll be paying over the course of the loan. Affirm does not charge hidden fees.
- The application process is secure and in real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm will notify you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of payments you will have to pay off your loan, all within seconds.
- You don’t need to have a credit card to make a purchase.
- Loan decisions are based not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
- You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history.
- Affirm will send you email and SMS reminders in advance of your upcoming payment. You can also enable “Autopay” to schedule automatic payments on your loan.
Q: How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
A: Affirm will ask you for a few pieces of personal information – your name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. Affirm uses this information to verify your identity, and to make an instant loan decision. Affirm will base its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on
several other data points about you. This means you may be able to obtain financing through Affirm even if you don’t have an extensive credit history. Payment options through Affirm are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders.
Q: Does Affirm perform a credit check?
A: Yes, when you first create an Affirm account, Affirm performs a ‘soft’ credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This ‘soft’ credit check will not affect your credit score.
Q: How do I make my payments?
A: Before each payment is due, Affirm will send you reminders via email and SMS that will include the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You can also sign up for autopay so you don’t risk missing a payment. Please follow these steps to make a payment:
- Go to www.affirm.com/account
- You will be prompted to enter in your mobile number where you will be sent a personalized security pin.
- Enter this security pin into the form on the next page and click “Sign In.”
- You’ll now see a list of your loans and payments coming due. Click on the loan payment you would like to make.
- You can make a payment utilizing a debit card or ACH bank transfer.
Q: Are there any interest or fees associated with Affirm loans (late fees)?
A: Affirm loans vary between 0% APR and 30% APR simple interest. The corresponding finance charge is the only fee associated with an Affirm loan. Affirm does not charge late fees, service fees, prepayment fees, APR penalties or any other hidden fees for a late payment. They strive to always be more transparent and fair than any other form of financing.